The semester is getting to an end..

Another semester is about to pass by...this semester is quite a fun quarter for me. I got to teach the Entrepreneurship class in my own style. It is interesting to see how students deal with activities and assignments I had given in class. Sure..not all the activities and assignments were great or match the class's objective..but well..a teacher needs to learn along with the students as well..right?

There is another interesting thing that happened to me this semester. It was that I got asked by many students "why" I decided to work here at the university...to be the Arjarn (lecturer). At first, I was perfectly fine to be asked on this question..but as more and more students keep asking me the same question...I start to think..Hm... interesting .."Why NOT"? What is the thing that make having a career as a lecturer different than having a career in business, banking, engineering?

As I ask the "Why NOT" question back to the students who asked me, I found out that most students believe that a teaching (in Thailand) job gets paid very little and most of the cool guys and gals wouldn't want to join the teaching crowd. Some of them think that the teaching crowd consists of bookish and nerdy people who can't deal with real-world industry so they decide to stay in universities. Well..how should I response to these ideas..let me put it this way...They are partially right on the salary aspect. The starting salary is pretty low. However, if you work hard and smartly, I bet you can find many channels of revenue while teaching as well. For the people aspect, I just don't believe that. I think cool people can be part of the country's education system as well.

:-)

ความคิดเห็น

Sala-Paopao กล่าวว่า
อาจารย์หนูขอถามด้วยคนสิคะว่าทำไมอาจารย์ถึงเลือกที่จะมาเป็นอาจารย์ เพราะหนูไม่มีโอกาสได้เข้าไปนั่งในห้องเรียนของอาจารย์และได้รู้คำตอบค่ะ
Unknown กล่าวว่า
"Why not?" --- good answer/question ka. 55555

...' if you work hard and smartly, I bet you can find many channels of revenue while teaching as well.'

ปัญหาคือคนไทยส่วนหนึ่ง(ไม่รวมผู้ด้อยโอกาส) ไม่ยอม work hard and don't work smartly มักจะรักสบาย และอยากรวยลัด ;b

ขอให้อาจารย์บรรลุเป้าหมายที่วางไว้นะคะ ระบบการศึกษาไทยยังต้องการบุคลากรแบบนี้อีกมากทีเดียว เป็นกำลังใจให้ค่ะ :)

โพสต์ยอดนิยมจากบล็อกนี้

วาทะ Jack Ma สวนมวยสหรัฐ ใน World Economic Forum 2017

เราย้ายเว็บไซต์ไปอยู่ที่ Gowinidea.com แล้วนะครับ

นิสิตของผมชนะการแข่งขัน Global Innovation Tournament ที่ Stanford University, USA !