A relaxing grading weekend at Aleenta Resort & Spa, Pranburi




Thanks to my friend and my partner, Dr. Kid, I just had one of the most relaxing days of this year at Aleenta Resort & Spa, Pranburi. The resort is located in Pranburi, which is about 20 kilometers from the famous district of Hua Hin. "Serenity, Sun, Sea, and Jazz Music" are probably the best words that capture the core of this place. There is no television in the room, only books. Pranburi is not crowded as Hua Hin or Cha-am; there are no banana boats, jet skis, or horse ridings here. People who come here typically are looking for a quiet place for reading, clearing their minds, or spending a meaningful time with their love ones (not me in this case ;) ). For me, this was a chance to get away from the city and take the speed of my life down a couple notches. (picture below is me in the morning (7.30AM) figuring out how to play the rope swing in front of our room)



I got to do many things I hadn't had a chance to do since I was a child; things like laying down on the sand and let the wave splashes and takes you around or just stare blankly at the sea. I know it sounds stupid, but I really recommend it. Somehow, it felt great. It felt like.."dang, life doesn't have to be that complicate all the time".

One productive activity that I did while I was at the resort is grading my BSAC students' exams. Frankly, grading is the second on the not-so-fun-activity-in-teaching list of mine (the first is proctoring the exam). But grading next to the sea, it was quite an amazing experience. Not to say that the sea magically makes my grading more fun (because that will be a lie), but the thought that "hey, I am doing my work at the university right now"was just great! (picture below, I was giving a couple perfect scores and a couple zeros to the students ;) ).


By all means, I had a truly great time. At the same moment, I felt lucky and grateful for what I have in my life. I wrote down long list of things I am grateful for while I was at Aleenta. Here are a short version of my list:
 -all my basic needs are always met the day I was born. I have been always clothed, sheltered, fed, and taken care of. There wasn't a single day that I worried that I might have nothing to eat today. Not a SINGLE DAY in my life...and there are more than 9500 days passed by in my life...have you ever counted from 1 to 9500? It was such a long counting, wasn't it?
 - my father and mother are still alive and strong. They have been with me since the day I was born. I am grateful for their presence.
 - I was born normal with a strong motivation to succeed in life. A lot of the time, I was too arrogant to think that my parents contribute little to what I am heading in the future (Our views in the working world are different). But come to think about it, I realized that without their supports in the past, I will not be I am today, regardless how much motivation I have.
 - When I was bored, I could run to my siblings and find some interesting topics to chat with them. The worst that they can do to me is kicking me out from their places. But the kicking out process was fun anyway (I am not giving up so easily!)
 - I was bless to get a chance to travel and see places in the world. I know that millions of people in the world were born, lived, and died, only seeing their own village for their entire lives.

I am lucky and I know you are lucky too. Happiness in life isn't hard to find; it is all about perspective how you view your own world.

Assignment: write 5 things that you are grateful for your life.

Cheers and hope you have a great incoming holiday!
Kavin

ความคิดเห็น

Unknown กล่าวว่า
I really like this post of yours. Believe it or not, I sometimes forget how happy my life has been, compared to other people. So, recently (since before reading this post), I have been writing down in my journal about "Good things of the day" to remind myself.;)

โพสต์ยอดนิยมจากบล็อกนี้

วาทะ Jack Ma สวนมวยสหรัฐ ใน World Economic Forum 2017

เราย้ายเว็บไซต์ไปอยู่ที่ Gowinidea.com แล้วนะครับ

กฎแห่งการหว่าน: Harvesting Law