Hello Mr. 3!



I turned 30 today. Man..what a strange feeling. A decade has passed since I turned 20 back at Stanford. Yesterday, as I was waking up and laying on my bed, the only thought in my mind was 'this is the last day that I will be in my twenties. Tomorrow, I will join the thirties' club'. I once read about an old Chinese saying. It said 'at thirty, a man stands firm'. It is quite scary to think and compare my life with this saying since my ground at 30 isn't firm at all. Many questions popped up in my mind..questions like am I doing what I am supposed to be doing? Am I living my life right? such a hard question to answer :-\

I started to think of other alternatives that I could have been doing..options like working in a corporate world, taking on my family business, or super-focusing on academia and research fields. Will I be happy or more happy with those alternatives? May be I am biased but my gut feeling at the moment tell me the answer is probably 'no'.

As I wrote back in 2012, that year was a roller coaster year for me..It felt like yesterday, but 2013 is already gone as well. I didn't have a chance to write a post wrapping up my 2013..but overall it was such a great year. I learned so much about myself and the startups life. I got to start Noonswoon with awesome people and have been having new experiences almost every month..Along the journey, I got to talk with many people..people from Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Indonesia and made new friends along the way. It is quite inspiring to see other people who have been pushing their dreams as well. I got to know the founder of Trippiece , Ian, a 24-year-old Japanese who started this venture from his mom's house and now doing about 1m USD in annual revenue. I asked him what his working hours are like? When do you go to work and when do you go home? He said.."oh I worked from 9 to 4". That wasn't that bad for entrepreneurs, I think. He has quite a work-life balance. However, a couple seconds later, he elaborated that it is from 9am to 4am..not 4pm..hahaha..wow..I thought to myself, this guy is crazy..but he said.."Well, yeah, there are so many things to do and I am the CEO". Keep up the work Ian!

The future is so uncertain and sometime it is quite scary. I still ponder whether I have been doing alright in the last 10 years. One situation I don't really really want to be in is asking myself the "what if" questions. "What if I have done this?", "What if I try harder", "What if I have started a company with my friends?", "What if I have said 'I like you' to the girl that I have a crush on", ...I guess on this side of the coin..I did pretty alright. In the past 10 years, I think I have taken most of the shots that I like to take...careers, romance, friendships, opportunities, not to say that I am happy with all the outcomes..but I can say that most of the actions were taken off from the table :-).

Happy Birthday to everyone who turns 30 this year. There are so many things to be grateful for. Thanks mom and dad for this wonderful life you have given me. Thanks all the friends whether close or distant for this lively life. Thanks the Noonswoon comrades for believing in this project and putting your hearts out with me. Keep the heart pumping and the head up high...let the journey of the 30 begins! See you again in your 40!

ความคิดเห็น

ไม่ระบุชื่อ กล่าวว่า
Happy Birthday! :)
จันทร์เพ็ญ กล่าวว่า
Dear khun Kavin,
I believe u have a credible ability to achieve whatever u wish for. Ur work hard will pay off...soon or later. I belive in you. I belive that u will have a successful career life and a wonderful family in the future. Don't give up to whatever mistakes/problems u have faced but be thankful to
them bc those makes u understand the roots better n definitely makes u stronger. Last but not least, love urself n love ppl who truly care for u. Make them happy bc im sure those smiles can brighten up your day! Balanced out everything in life will leads u to a happy life. Cheers to ur 30th bday!
Unknown กล่าวว่า
HBD ครับอาจารย์กวิน ไม่บอกผมไม่เชื่อเลยอาจารย์น่าแดกมาก(อุ๊ยคงอยากกินเค้กเลยพิมผิดๆถูกๆ)หน้าเด็กมากจริงๆ พรุ่งนี้สอบของอาจารย์เป็นตัวสุดท้ายก่อนจะเป็นบัณฑิต 5555555 ขอบคุณอาจารย์ทั้งสองท่านมากและขอบคุณอาจารย์กวินที่ให้โอกาสในคาบสุดท้าย ศรัทธาเสมอ วิช ocare
sheena กล่าวว่า
Happy 30th! I turned 30 this year too; found myself on an unexpected street in life - singlehood. Two days back, I saw an ad on your app on Facebook, googled to find out more about it (I'm pretty skeptical with the dating apps you find these days) and chanced upon your blog. I like the concept so far and it's interesting to read about your startup journey, a path not travelled by many 30-year-olds indeed. Although I did not end up liking the first match I've gotten so far, I still think you have a good concept and will continue using the app to see what else it offers. Continue to strive on. You are only 30! :)

โพสต์ยอดนิยมจากบล็อกนี้

วาทะ Jack Ma สวนมวยสหรัฐ ใน World Economic Forum 2017

เราย้ายเว็บไซต์ไปอยู่ที่ Gowinidea.com แล้วนะครับ

นิสิตของผมชนะการแข่งขัน Global Innovation Tournament ที่ Stanford University, USA !